Public Consultation Results
Published: 12 May 2021
The results of the public consultation regarding the future of the Coychurch Playing Field and Pavilion were presented to the Coychurch Lower Community Council on 11th May 2021. Please click on the link below to view the full results document which will display in a new window:
Community Consultation – Results – May 2021
One form was delivered to each household in the area and 44.6% of forms were returned.
On the main question:
- 82.5% were in favour of the Coychurch Lower Community Council taking over the lease for the field and the pavilion.
- 14.8% were in favour of splitting the site into 2 leases.
- 2.7% were in favour of the rugby club taking over the lease for the field and the pavilion
The top 3 options for developing the field were for –
- Village event space – 78.9%
- Picnic area – 70%
- Wildflowers and eco projects – 60.1%
Approximately half of the responders wanted to see a walking/jogging all weather track/path with outdoor gym equipment.
Approximately a third of responders wanted space for football, cricket, etc.
Thank you to all who took part. The Community Council meeting minutes will be published in the next few days detailing the community council’s next steps in support of your expressed views.
Clerk to the Coychurch Lower Community Council