The Williams Memorial Hall was built in 1922 and donated to the people of Coychurch in 1923 by Mrs Williams in memory of her husband.
In 1936 the Trustees asked the Parish Council to take over the Trusteeship of the Hall and this was agreed. When Parish Councils became Community Councils the Coychurch Lower Community Council took over the Trusteeship and registered the change of Trusteeship with the Charity Commission.
The Hall has been run on a not-for-profit basis which has enabled the facility to be hired out to local groups and others at a reasonable price. Activities / Groups taking place in the building on a regular basis include 1st Llangrallo Brownies, adult and toddler groups (welsh language, sensory group) classes in martial arts (Karate, Tai Chi), fitness (aerobics, Zumba), dance (Latin American line dance, Welsh dance, ballet classes), and interest groups such as Coychurch Gardening Society, Hardy Plants Society, and the Alpine Gardening Society, Women's Institute, Mothers' Union, Community coffee mornings and a Bridge club.
The Hall is also hired by individuals and companies for ad-hoc events and for longer term health and education sessions.